Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Personal Narrative Learning Scale

Personal Narrative Final Learning Scale

1. What was your goal that you set for yourself before you started writing your personal narrative? Did you meet your goal?

          My goal was to get the entire proficient column highlighted. At first I wasn't sure that I would have gotten into the proficient category but after revising my story by using the techniques that we learned in humanities through the mini lessons I was confident that my writing was proficient. 
2. Looking at the learning scale and the annotations, where would you place yourself on the scale? What evidence do you have that reflects this decision? 

          I would place myself in the proficient column. (As seen above) I've looked through what I highlighted and what annotations I made. Throughout my story I've used the techniques that we have been taught in the mini lessons. I believe that I've used each of the categories appropriately while writing, revising, and editing. 


3. What are the two best things that you did either in the planning or writing of your personal narrative?

           I think one of the best things in my narrative was how I expressed my character was thinking. The story is set in fourth grade and thinking about how I hated reading and how animals could be different colors was what I was like three years ago. I included a lot of thoughts throughout my story because I was very quiet in fourth grade and still am. I thought it would be a good idea to show that I don't talk much. 
          Another thing I liked about my narrative was how I planned my storyboard. Drawing out what happened three years ago really helped. If I hadn't done that then I would have been still trying to remember what happened next. I included enough detail in my storyboard that I remembered what had happened when I looked at the pictures. 






No comments:

Post a Comment